Welcome to my blog, I appreciate your time and efforts in making it this far. I do apologize in advance to all who might take offense to any of my postings, not everyone is a blessed individual, with the capacity to identify reason and logic. To those poor individuals who lack just those things, I sympathize with you, for I understand that the world is an increasingly frustrating place for you.
Now, to begin with, I work as a Member Service Representative at a local credit union, which is long for customer service (smart term language for Call Center Receptionist). I receive a variety of requests every day from directions, to the nearest branch location, to what their current account balance is, to wire requests to online banking issues. I begin this blog by stating my place of employment because it seems that most of my reason or motive to write is to express to the world the extreme lack of intelligence that exists out there, in hopes of some how fixing or correcting it. And because most of my frustrations are derived from work, I feel it most appropriate to begin in such a manner.
Today I received a phone call, it went much like so:
"Thank you for calling the credit union, this is Bryce"
"You called me"
"Excuse me?"
"Yes, You called me, or someone called me from your credit union"
"Ok, let me see if i can help, do you have the name of the person that called you?"
"No, i just saw that i had a call and a message from the credit union. Is there some reason why you are calling me?"
"Sir, I did not call you, this is the all ring for all the credit union, however if you can remember the message I can help you find the person who called you"
"Well I don't have time to wait and listen to the message" I could tell that the member was obviously frustrated with me by now.
"Sir, perhaps if we looked at your account, we could see any notes as to why someone might be calling you. Do you know your account number?"
"No I don't have that with me"
"Do you have your social memorized"
"No"
"Ok, what's your name"
"I'm not sure which name I have it under"
"Well sir, in that case, I'm sure that if it is extremely important we will call back"
"Good, and tell your Credit union to stop calling me, I'm not even a member"
The only thing that I could think was "Wow! Some people have really got all of their bolts working upstairs!"
Monday, June 29, 2009
Posted by bryce at 2:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment